Shelton, CT, March 1, 2012—
The Boys & Girls Club of the Lower Naugatuck Valley's Alumni Association inducted eight former mebmers into its Hall of Fame on February 25. The induction took place at the Stone Barn Restaurant at Whitney Farms Golf Course in Monroe. This year's inductees:
- Mark Belade, Department Head for the Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning Shop at Emmett O'Brien Technical School in Ansonia
- Chaz from WPLR, Morning Ride DJ for 99.1 FM
- Aldo Gardella, The Hartford Insurance Co.
- Raymond Hoye, retired Evening Sentinel an New Haven Register writer and editor
- Dan Orazietti, co'owner of Danny O's Bar & Grille, Danny O's Downtown, and Caliente's Bar & Grill in Shelton
- Tony Padilla (posthumously), former Manager of Procurement for Avco Lycoming
- Bob Scarduzio, PSEG Utilities of Connecticut
- Tom Zaprzalka, Director of Food Services at Connecticut Valley Hospital
Each candidate was nominated by either our Alumni Association, Board of Directors, Board of Corporators, or the general public. The criteria for selection included being a former member of the Shelton-Derby Boys Club, the Boys & Girls Club of the Lower Naugatuck Valley, or the Community Center. Each candidate was judged on notable contributions in his or her life which would serve as a role model for children. Each candidate's outstanding leadership and dedication to children and their service to our community were important factors in the selection process. Non-members of the Club are nominated and judged on their impact on children at the Boys & Girls Club of the Lower Naugatuck Valley.
These former Club members are making an impact in all areas of life, and the Boys & Girls Club is proud to recognize them.