Si necesita esta aplicación traducida al español: Haga clic en seleccionar idioma en la esquina superior izquierda de la página web.
Join the Boys & Girls Club team!
At the Boys & Girls Club of the Lower Naugatuck Valley, we look for professional staff who are motivated by our mission and committed to creating a positive experience for the youth and families we serve. We are proud of our excellent reputation as a safe haven for youth, a reputation that has been earned through nearly 65 years of service to the thousands of children we serve each year.
How to apply
To apply for a position, please e-mail your resume with a cover letter as well as our completed employment application to employment@BGC-LNV.org. Download our employment application here.
Or you may mail your resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Boys & Girls Club of the Lower Naugatuck Valley
One Positive Place
Shelton, CT 06484
The Boys & Girls Club of the Lower Naugatuck Valley does not accept unsolicited employment applications.
Position: DIRECTOR OF RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
Position Classification: Exempt (full time with benefits)
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
SCOPE OF WORK
The Director of Resource Development will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, Board of Directors, and key stakeholders to provide leadership in the planning, directing, and implementation of all fund development efforts. This individual is tasked with substantially generating new resources for the organization by cultivating and soliciting gifts from individuals, corporation, foundations, government agencies, and others and is responsible for managing the overall administrative needs relating to resource development. We are seeking a creative, hard-working, mission-driven, productive individual who can maximize the opportunities created by the effectiveness of the Boys & Girls Club of the Lower Naugatuck Valley’s programs.
- Direct, manage, and execute all development activities, including annual Back-a-Kid appeal, special appeals, capital campaigns, planned giving, fund-development aspects of special events, and constituency building and stewardship to strengthen the organization’s base of support to sustain its operations and long-term stability
- Create long-range and short-term goals and plan for fund development with measurable outcomes and objectives
- Develop relationships with the Board of Directors and volunteers, and develop and nurture their fund development capabilities. Enlist and motivate Board members and other volunteers to participate in fundraising activities and advocate for the organization and its programs
- Work as staff liaison to the Resource Development and special event committees of the Board of Directors.
- Maintain and increase the organization’s major donor base by managing an ongoing donor identification, cultivation, and recognition program for major gifts and multi-year giving society individuals
- Learn and become proficient in Donorview, the Club’s donor management software for reporting and sending email newsletters to constituents; proficiency in donor management software is key
- Assist with planning and implementing special fundraising events
- Build awareness of the organization through public media outlets that target a variety of audiences, including elected officials and other policy makers, opinion influencers, and academics; the general public; and both public and private funders to maximize the Club’s visibility in coordination with the CEO and Marketing Coordinator
- Assist with the development of fund-development materials
- Assist the CEO with writing grant applications; as needed, write and submit additional grant applications
- At least five years of experience in fund development as applied to a not-for-profit organization
- Excellent relationship-building skills and ability to understand the needs and interests of donors
- Proven success and knowledge of fund development practices as well as an understanding of communication principles
- Experience with donor identification, cultivation, recognition programs, annual appeal coordination, direct mail, planned giving, strategic planning, budget development, grant research and writing, and event planning
- Proven experience with accountability for providing strategic communications
- Strong analytical as well as sound time-management and planning skills
- Proven organizational skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to coordinate and handle multiple tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to tailor messaging for various audiences, including the ability to write and/or edit appeals, newsletters, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Facility with managing a fund-raising database
- Demonstrated commitment to positive youth development and children’s issues
- Ability and willingness to work with a diverse population
Commensurate with experience; fundraising incentives negotiable
Please forward resume and cover letter to Employment@BGC-LNV.org, and include Director of Resource Development in the subject line
DEADLINE TO APPLY: January 7, 2022
ABOUT THE CLUB
For more than 65 years, the Boys & Girls Club of the Lower Naugatuck Valley has provided a positive environment for children and teens throughout the Valley. Our mission is enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as caring, productive, and responsible citizens.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of a contractor in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of a contractor selected for this position.