Si necesita esta aplicación traducida al español: Haga clic en seleccionar idioma en la esquina superior izquierda de la página web.
Join the Boys & Girls Club team!
At the Boys & Girls Club of the Lower Naugatuck Valley, we look for professional staff who are motivated by our mission and committed to creating a positive experience for the youth and families we serve. We are proud of our excellent reputation as a safe haven for youth, a reputation that has been earned through nearly 65 years of service to the thousands of children we serve each year.
How to apply
To apply for a position, please e-mail your resume with a cover letter as well as our completed employment application to employment@BGC-LNV.org. Download our employment application here.
Or you may mail your resume, cover letter, and employment application to:
Boys & Girls Club of the Lower Naugatuck Valley
One Positive Place
Shelton, CT 06484
The Boys & Girls Club of the Lower Naugatuck Valley does not accept unsolicited employment applications.
Site Coordinator – Oxford Middle School Program
Reports To: Unit Director
Hours: Monday-Friday, 4-5 hours/day total per Oxford Middle School schedule; evenings and weekends as needed.
Site Coordinator for the After School programs at Oxford Middle School will work under the direction of the Unit Director and are primarily concerned with the program of activities, including education, character building, healthy lifestyles, and recreation at the school site. Plan, develop, oversee implementation, and supervise programs and program staff, and perform related administrative duties.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Plan and implement Club-wide programs and activities that support the Boys & Girls Club movement’s youth development strategy
- Oversee day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards and goals
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s)
- Assist with preparing enriching daily/weekly group activities
- Increase and supervise a safe environment for children
- Oversee provision of guidance services to members to assist them in fulfilling and making appropriate choices in educational, personal, physical, social, emotional, and vocational needs
- Lead by example; demonstrate leadership to assure appropriate conduct, safety, and development of members
- Establish and maintain Club-wide program goals and settings that ensure the health and safety of members. Ensure that site staff understand and effectively communicate standards of program; that they ensure program areas are safe and that Club equipment is maintained in good working condition
- Evaluate Club programs with Unit Director on a continual basis and ensure programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity
- Participate in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the Club’s annual budget, ensuring that the Club-wide programs and activities are operated within established budgetary guidelines
- Assist in recruitment, selection, and management of assigned staff and volunteers, ensuring productive and effective performance. Provide ongoing feedback and regular appraisal to staff and Unit Director; identify and support professional development opportunities
- Assist with proper record keeping and reporting, including activities and events conducted, breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues. Report any issues to the Unit Director/Director of Operations in a timely manner.
- Learn, fully utilize, and maintain attendance portion of membership tracking database. Keep all records up to date.
- Track attendance for all activities and programs.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Assist in the visibility of Club programs via posting of daily schedule and announcements of upcoming events and recognition on social media and/or website
- Disseminate information in a timely manner to the Director of Marketing & Communications for the development of advertising and promotions
- Attend trainings and conferences as necessary
- May consult with parents concerning member behaviors
- May handle deposits and banking transactions
- Attend periodic staff meetings at the request of the Chief Executive Officer, Director of Operations, and/or Unit Director
- Any additional duties that may be assigned by the Chief Executive Officer, Director of Operations, and/or Unit Director
Internal. Maintain close, daily contact with Unit Director, program staff, volunteers, and Club members to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions, instruct, and advise/counsel.
External. Assist Unit Director in maintaining contact as needed with external community groups, schools, members’ parents, and others to assist in resolving problems
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Group leadership skills
- Organizational, staff, and project management abilities
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid
- Any additional certifications that may be necessary to obtain
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.